The Momentum Training supports the development of a new tradition of popular movement organizing through training, coaching, and development of educational materials. Momentum is using the best practices of organizing models to allow for a new form of organizing that is decentralized but can scale up and sustain movement outbursts through multiple waves of strategic action. The goal is to combine the structured capacity of traditional organizations with the volatile potential of mass mobilization.
The Momentum Training Team is looking for a full time National Coordinator. We are expanding our training model while certifying a dozen trainers so that we can host local trainings around the country. These local trainings will train hundreds of new organizers and form communities of practice that will experiment with our educational material. The Momentum Training Team is seeking a dedicated organizer that is able to work with and coordinate a team that is responsible for all these trainings. The Team Coordinator will be supervised by the Momentum Core Team and will have 3 areas of focus: (1) Fundraising (2) Supporting the Core Team and (3) Supporting local trainings.
* Fundraising within the momentum community, foundations, and private supporters
* Supporting the Momentum Core Team
* Recruiting new members for the Momentum Core Team, if needed
* Ensuring execution of local trainings
* Working with the Movement Mastery team
* Supporting local communities of practice
* Leading trainings with local organizers
* Developing new curriculum and suggesting edits for current one
* Ability to hold more than one project at a time while keeping up with deadlines
* Team player who develops the leadership of others
* Experience with delegating projects
* Excellent facilitator, whether in in-person or online meetings
* Knowledge of fundraising (grant writing and prospecting); comfortable asking for money
* Experience with executing energetic and engaging trainings
* Ability to edit and create new training curriculum
Hourly commitment per week: Full-time or Part-Time
Compensation: Estimated 30k per year. 1,800-2,500 per month based on needs and experience
Location: Boston, MA but will consider other locations for the right candidate.
Start date: Mid to Late September
If you are a self-starter who thrives from a fast-paced job, is committed to social justice, and can fulfill the previous qualifications, e-mail your resume, cover letter and 2 recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org and 'cc' email@example.com with the subject line “National Coordinator.”